- Cases and fatalities
- Cases in Texas public schools
- Number of tests by county
- Texas State Profile Report
For questions about COVID-19 in Texas, email email@example.com
Protecting Yourself and Others
Testing and Treatment
- Test for current infection (viral test)
- Test for past infection
- Different types of COVID-19 tests
- COVID-19 therapeutics
For questions related to treatments, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Who is eligible now and where to go
- Safety of COVID-19 vaccines
- Texas COVID-19 vaccine availability dashboard
- Texas DSHS COVID-19 Vaccine Key Message (UPDATED)
COVID-19 Mental Health Resources
- Stress and coping
- Healthy ways to cope and helping others
- Support for teens and young adults
- Mental Health America resources for specific populations
- National Institute of Mental Health resources
- Managing Stress During a Pandemic: Suggestions for Families & Children
Effective July 20, 2021 until further notice
This communication is a follow up to Governor Abbot’s latest Executive Order No. GA 36 issued on May 18, 2021, it applies to our agency and facilities across the state. This communication serves as a follow and reinforcement to the message that you also received from Vice Chancellor Patrick Stover on May 19, 2021.
The safety of our employees, volunteers, clientele and communities has been our priority since day one. Decision-making regarding external programming should continue to be made at the local level, led by Extension employees working with local health authorities and county emergency management leadership. These decisions should be grounded in the guidance provided by the Governor’s office in consultation with CDC guidance and data from DSHS. We encourage you to always consider the health and safety of those populations that may be more at risk due to age or health status.
The following serve as clarification for External AgriLife Extension events:
1. All programs conducted should have an attendance or registration list with the minimum of a name and contact phone number for all participants. These will be used for contact tracing as needed.
2. For all overnight events the Extension COVID Screening form will be required In addition to daily temperature checks. The AgriLife Facility screening form will be required at certain locations.
3. All overnight events will be required to submit a preparedness plan at least two weeks prior to the event.
4. For external agency face-to-face group events, please follow the appropriate protocols identified by the Governor’s office.
5. For those events that have a participant that tests positive, notification should be sent to all attendees of the event. Anonymity of the positive case should be a priority and names of individuals should not be shared. The CDC guidelines on quarantining should be shared with program participants, so they can respond accordingly.
6. If positive cases are AgriLife Extension Employees, please review the information here and report to the university’s portal. AgriLife employees who meet the below criteria must notify their supervisor, who will then ask that the individual complete an online form, and also contact Debi Fincher:
· develop symptoms of COVID-19, or,
· in the previous 14 days if they have traveled to an area that requires quarantine upon return home, or,
· have been in contact with anyone known or suspected to have tested positive for COVID-19.
Effective July 20, 2021 until further notice
The safety of our employees, volunteers, attendees and community is our utmost priority. We encourage you to always consider the health and safety of those populations that may be more at risk due to age or health status. In addition, we ask that you continue to use nonpharmaceutical interventions (face masks, proper hygiene, etc.) that keep you and others safe.
EFMLA – information on our Human Resources website: Families First Coronavirus Response Act Resources at Human Resources: Families First Coronavirus Response Act | Administrative Services (tamu.edu).
Guidance Resources – information on our Employee Assistance Program webpage at Human Resources: Employee Assistance Program | Administrative Services (tamu.edu). Work/Life Solutions Program – Employee Assistance Program offered through GuidanceResources (effective September 1, 2019). Set up your account by using the WEBID: TAMUS. These programs usually offer in-person and telephonic counseling services, training, and have resources to help employees deal with all kinds of stressful issues.
Wellness Release Time – Full-time, benefits-eligible employees are eligible for Wellness Release Time (WRT)! Review procedure 31.02.13.X0.01 Wellness Programs for details regarding how to request and utilize WRT. Employees who are interested in using WRT must submit AgriLife form AG-431 Wellness Release Time Acknowledgement form to their supervisor for approval.
Take advantage of the wellness activities that AgriLife is promoting as part of the wellness initiative including:
- Catapult Clinic Information
- Virtual Fitness Classes
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Podcasts
- MyEvive and your Wellness Credit
- more at: http://agrilifeas.tamu.edu/hr/benefits-retirement/employee-wellness-initiative/.
Archived Communication Updates
September 23, 2020: Updated Guidance on Coronavirus
August 7, 2020: Updated Guidance on Coronavirus
June 12, 2020: Agency Update: Budget, 4-H Youth Activities
May 29, 2020: Video: Teams Webinar – Strategy Program Teams
May 11, 2020 – Video: Teams Webinar-Agency Business Model
May 1, 2020 – Agency Update-COVID-19
April 24, 2020 – Video: Special Teams Webinar-Agency Director
April 14, 2020 – Agency Update – COVID-19
April 3, 2020 – Agency Update – COVID-19
March 31, 2020 – Agency Update -COVID-19
March 27, 2020 – Agency Update -COVID-19
March 26, 2020 – Video: Special Teams Webinar-Agency Director
March 25, 2020 – Agency Update-COVID-19
March 24, 2020 – Agency Update-COVID-19
March 20, 2020 – Agency Update-COVID-19
March 19, 2020 – Agency Update-COVID-19
March 16, 2020 – Agency Update-COVID-19
March 13, 2020 – Agency Update – COVID-19
March 12, 2020 – Updated guidance on coronavirus
March 11, 2020 – Agency Update – COVID-19
March 11, 2020 – Coronavirus updated travel information